4.13.2010

Golden Arches

On Tuesdays, my mom takes the boy to those arches. Her defense of the weekly trip, "He loves it so much." Prior to having children, I boycotted those arches, but then when I was pregnant, I craved a shamrock shake so vigorously that I crossed 4 lanes of traffic and "borrowed" cash from my mom just to have one. As a young, single mother, I also discovered that the boy and I could eat there for under $5 and he could get a toy out it...

Anyway, when I eat there, I normally get a hamburger, small fry, and splurge on an iced coffee. This probably has a lot to do with weight gain. I'm sure that this meal is a lot better than a lot of the other things to be had there, but still it's a lot of unhealthy calories.

I met mom and boy at the golden land today and thought about getting the side salad, but really, I just couldn't break the habit.

Maybe next week, I will...

No comments: