4.11.2010

Reality Bites

87 pounds or Bust.
The reality is I am busting. Two years or so ago, I lost 50+ pounds and in the last year I have regained 37 pounds. To be a few pounds inside "my ideal weight" I need to lose 87 pounds. Yes, that's a big number, yes it will be difficult, but no, it's not too much weight (as my mom would say). This number wouldn't make me a skinny-mini, but would place me in the average category instead of "above average."

I hate when people talk about weight and weight loss, because so often self-esteem issues are tied into the discussion. The reality is I am confident in who I am now, but I want to feel healthy for myself. I want my outside to better reflect who I believe I am in on the inside. When I tell people I ride long distances on my bike or complete triathlons, I don't want them to shocked because I'm fat and I do these things, but because I'm awesome and I do these things (I know that I'm currently awesome too).

Then why do I share this goal with blogger...Because the reality is I can think about the 87 pounds and hope that somehow they magically just disappear or I can act. As a theme for 2010, I am choosing to act and I need help. If you are reading this, hold me accountable to being active and slowing down to eat. I have a tentative plan on how to lose the weight, so ask me about it. Let's go for a run together.

No comments: